And speaking of Stéphane*, guess who is the only person representing the games industry on the programme committee for the Narrative AI and Games conference? That's right.
The conference sounds pretty cool:
Papers sought in the following areas, but are not limited to:
- Interactive narrative and virtual storytelling
- Applied AI in games
- Believable synthetic agents for games or narrative
- Agent strategy planning in a games or interactive narrative context
- The application of narrative based games in education
- The use of games as test-beds for research
Go Stéphane! Make this something useful!
*) If only he had a website I could link to...