I tend to accumulate more links than I can post. Here is some stuff I found while cleaning out my attic:
- A sure sign that we have successfully infiltrated mainstream culture is that people are asking: Who is the sexiest gamer in the US? Soon, comrades, we can finally cease the pretense and start making text adventures again - the One True Game Type.
- Sometimes, the intersection of gamer culture with main culture is not so successful. This is a Neverwinter Nights ad that appeared in Maxim. I could ridicule it, but it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. With a +20 broadsword. Plus, Gamespy beat me to it.
- Have you ever wondered what the best web page in the universe is? I can tell you, it's the web page of Maddox. To quote the man himself:
This page is about me and why everything I like is great. If you disagree with anything you find on this page, you are wrong.
He takes the style of the personal web page and extrapolates it to its logical extreme in a manner I find hilarious, but apparently offends some people. A while ago, he posted his opinion on the Xbox.
- I know the connection to games is growing more and more tenuous, but I simply must tell you about the great English-to-12-Year-Old-AOLer Translator. It breaks the ice at parties. You know, you could probably do a hilarious text-based multiplayer game using this and some of the other automatic translators out there (see my previous posts on this subject).
- Apparently ATI's new video card kicks ass in NetHack. Can NVidia catch up?
That's enough nonsense for now.