These are my links for January 9th from 10:17 to 10:51:
- Kodu – Microsoft Research – A visual game development system for the Xbox 360, developed by Microsoft Research. Could be interesting – not so much for pro game development, but for the ideas.
- Fullbright: MOTY 08 – Gaming Moments of the Year 2008. 2longdidn'tread, but I like the idea.
- LEGO Universe : Home – I can't be bothered to take a deeper look right now, but I admit to being somewhat intrigued by the Lego MMO.
- Toshiba unveils future Regza LCD upgrades, and the future of their HDTVs: Cell TV – Boing Boing Gadgets – Convergence, that bugaboo of our supposedly fast-moving times, is really like an extremely-slow-motion car pile-up. Here we enter the final stretch and see Samsung heading straight towards Apple, Microsoft, console manufacturers, and open source media center developers. The real computers will win, but Samsung, among others, will be making money until that happens. And perhaps in the end they will even be making computers. Meanwhile, I wouldn't mind one of those new Regzas.
- Click Nothing: Critical Condition – More good writing about videogames linked from this post by Clint Hocking.
- Mapping the Brainysphere: 29 blogs switched-on gamers should read « Subject Navigator – There's way too much good writing about videogames these days (via Clint Hocking).