The first PSP virus

Eurogamer writes about Planet Moon’s first PSP game. It has a fascinating multiplayer idea:

“As well as a single-player mode, Infected will also take advantage of the PSP’s wireless multiplayer functionality, and should put an interesting spin on things as, in addition to just blasting each other, players will be able to create a unique avatar which then spreads like a virus through the handhelds of players who lose to them. You’ll then be able to check your rankings and see how far your virus has spread amongst your victims.”

How cool is that? Non-Internet-based P2P game token exchanging. You could take that idea a lot further if you wanted to.

1. Hmmm wrote:

I don’t think you can really call that a virus, the data doesn’t replicate itself.

Good title though, very eye catching.

Posted 17 Jan 2005 at 0:09

It’s kind of hard to discern the exact mechanism that is used, but I agree that it is different from your typical virus. And yes, it makes for a good title ;)

Posted 17 Jan 2005 at 13:53
  3. greg foil wrote:

I found a new PSP site. It’s a community site where you can find a lot of PSP users : http://www.pspmax.com

Posted 17 Feb 2005 at 18:18
  4. Mark Rogo wrote:

Please help me on this someone! I am looking for an internet hub in the Statesville, NC area for my psp to get online. How do I begin to find this?

Posted 08 Apr 2005 at 11:59
  5. Me wrote:

The PSP virus can come from anywhere. My PSP got bricked after downloading wallpaper of the sony website! Why do they do these things. If I ever find that ****hole I will beat the **** out of him!

Posted 07 Oct 2005 at 13:26
  6. sam wrote:

i think you can prevent virus’s by deleting the Photo folder because from what ive been seen the virus’s are set off by Photo’s such as the overflow’ ones.

Posted 11 Dec 2005 at 17:33
  7. Daniel wrote:

delete the photo folder. how would that help? i think u would be better off deleting the common folder. it cant be accessed by the psp and viruses are normally in programs

take my word for it!

Posted 27 Jan 2006 at 23:43
  8. Zero Nyne wrote:

It’s Simple. Delete both…

Posted 03 Apr 2007 at 20:07

Trackbacks & Pingbacks 1

1. From Some Words Online on 09 Apr 2005 at 18:59

Sony PSP

Messenger Plus are giving you a chance to win a PSP. All you have to do is download the software and complete the form. Also referring someone give you 2 extra entries