It’s on

And it’s looking good. 98% average score so far, on three reviews. Come on baby, daddy needs a dozen more artists ;)

1. Aubrey wrote:

I guess it’s not something one can ask what with confidentiality clauses, but I’ll try my luck anyway: how much involvement did you have with this first iteration of SA? Would you be allowed any kind of design input on the ports? Small additions etc?

I must admit rolling with the hype and looking very forward to this game. Congrats on the great response so far.

(I still want to be able to do drive-by stabbings, though: Just me, 180MPH wind rushing past my bike, and a katana blade held out to my side)

Posted 27 Oct 2004 at 16:40

I think I am allowed to say that I had nothing to do with GTA:SA whatsoever.

Posted 27 Oct 2004 at 16:45
  3. Aubrey wrote:

Excellent. Now I can nit pick it without potentially offending you!

Posted 28 Oct 2004 at 10:03
  4. niko wrote:

98%? Currently it even says 99%! Congratulations. :)

Posted 28 Oct 2004 at 20:09

I got a free copy today :)

Posted 28 Oct 2004 at 20:56
  6. Aubrey wrote:

Just finished my second 9 hour stint. Too many good things to say about it, punctuated by very minor problems (slow, animation drivern user interfaces, mainly).

Posted 31 Oct 2004 at 0:17
  7. koekjesbaby wrote:

is it okay to rant? because i really don’t understand why it’s getting this insanely high scores. but if this is not the place or the time i won’t ;)

Posted 01 Nov 2004 at 16:46

Um. If you’re nice about it, and you don’t expect me to reply or take a position or anything, feel free.

BTW, nice site, how did you do that effect?

Posted 01 Nov 2004 at 17:06
  9. Aubrey wrote:

It’s fair to say that there are many imperfections. I think that most people are just digging the overwhelming size of the playground, and reckoning with the possibilities of it all. That’s a great feeling when so many funnelled “it’s all about the experience” type games are prolific.

Posted 02 Nov 2004 at 13:14
  10. koekjesbaby wrote:

well, those imperfections you mention are spoiling a great deal of my experience, which is basically my big point. but when i try to type this for the third time i realise i’d rather have a good discussion via email, in dutch and not in a… well… comment box ;)

so, if you want to you can email me. you can also not email me. if you want to, of course ;)

Posted 02 Nov 2004 at 14:01
  11. Aubrey wrote:

You could add your list of problems to the one we’re ammassing on our wiki.

Posted 02 Nov 2004 at 14:23
  12. koekjesbaby wrote:

mh, interesting you wiki looks.

i will definitely look into that, but it just ocurred to me tha an email discussion about the design of gta(:san andreas) with another dutch game/interactive entertainment fanatic is always nice.

Posted 02 Nov 2004 at 15:18
  13. Aubrey wrote:

Well, sorry for not being Dutch, but for what it’s worth, I am actually IN Holland, which is more than I can say for Jurie, that traitor!

Posted 02 Nov 2004 at 17:24

All of a sudden I am reminded that I’ve been wanting to test TypePad’s IP banning feature.

Posted 02 Nov 2004 at 19:11
  15. koekjesbaby wrote:

gentlemen, gentlemen, no need to pull out your duelling IP bans. :)

Aubrey: i do not blame you for being dutch, that would be silly. for what reason do you reside in the netherlands?

Jurie: but seriously i’d like a good discussion about game design. and i only want a discussion in dutch because my dutch is far better than my english.

Posted 02 Nov 2004 at 20:38
  16. Aubrey wrote:

Oops. I’ve obviously hit a nerve!

koek – I have a job doing game design here.

Posted 02 Nov 2004 at 21:35